We've all experienced those moments where you just need to take a photo. Many times, those moments are scenic. That's why we're pretty sure most locals and visitors to Western Washington have a picture or two of at least one of our ferries.
All you have to do is follow @wsferries on Twitter, then Tweet your picture between noon Monday, Oct. 9, and noon Monday, Oct. 16. Be sure to include the hashtag #FerryFotoContest.
Photo requirements and contest rules
We're not looking for just any old image of a ferry. We want something unique, striking and interesting. You may want to include a city skyline, mountains, passengers, or if you're lucky, wildlife. Here are a few other things to note:
- Your photo:
- Must include at least one vessel in the Washington State Ferries system (in full or partial).
- Will be printed in black and white, so consider how that will look.
- Must have been taken yourself and you have the rights to submit it to this contest.
- May have been taken at any time.
- Do not break any laws or do anything unsafe in order to snap a shot. If you are on a ferry please steer clear of restricted areas, and if driving, please no photographing or Tweeting.
- Do not Tweet a link to an image that has been uploaded to another site.
- Do not send your photo via direct message on Twitter.
- You may submit up to three pictures. If you Tweet more than three, we will only consider the first three shared.
- You will retain rights to your photograph, however our five finalists must agree to grant us rights to use their snapshots for marketing and communication purposes, which will include photo credit. We will never sell your picture.
|Your photo will be displayed in black & white on our cover so consider that when submitting your entry.|
Selecting a winner
A panel of judges will select five finalists based on originality, technicality, composition, artistic merit and overall impact. The decision of the panel is subjective, final and cannot be appealed.
The finalists' pictures will be posted on the @wsferries Twitter page on Friday, Oct. 20. The image with the most "likes" at noon Monday, Oct. 30, will be named the winner. And we're pretty sure whoever that person is will have another one of those photo-worthy moments once we release our Winter 2018 Sailing Schedule brochure in December!