Did you know that weekend traffic is a lot like baking? You need to plan things out in advance, have a lot of patience and be prepared for some setbacks.
But just like that first bite of that fresh-out-of-the-oven cookie, cupcake, or brownie, reaching your final destination is oh, so, sweet.
This weekend, construction and major events are creating the perfect recipe for packed highways and travel delays. To get you ready, check out our latest video on what could slow you down on the roads. Warning: you may want to eat a cupcake afterward.
In the Seattle area:
- Seahawks vs. Vikings, 7 p.m. Friday, CenturyLink Field
- Hempfest, all day Friday to Sunday, Myrtle Edwards Park
- Tom Petty, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Safeco Field
- Sounders vs. Minnesota, 7 p.m. Sunday, CenturyLink Field
- #ReviveI5, 8 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday, northbound I-5 between SR 516 and Southcenter
- Montlake Bridge full closure, 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday
- I-90 Bellevue Way ramp closures, 5:30 a.m. Saturday to 9 p.m. Sunday
- Incubus concert, 6:45 p.m. Saturday, White River Amphitheatre
- Woodinville Festival, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday
- I-405 overnight lane and ramp closures, all weekend, Totem Lake and Renton
- Zac Brown Band concert, 7 p.m. Saturday, Gorge
- WSU Move-in Weekend, all weekend, Pullman
- Gigantic Bicycle Festival, Friday to Sunday, Snoqualmie
- SR 532 Church Creek full closure
- Mix ingredients until just combined for packed roadways and slower travel times.
- Bake in 75 degree mostly sunny weather.
- While baking, prepare yourself by checking the WSDOT Mobile App, the WSDOT traffic twitter accounts, or our website.
- Once baked, give yourself extra travel time before enjoying your destinations.
- Seattle Storm vs. San Antonio Stars, 7 p.m., KeyArena
- Bryson Tiller concert, 8 p.m., WaMu Theater
- BIG3 basketball tournament, 2 p.m., KeyArena
- Skagit Powersports Monkey Butt 300 motorcycle ride, all day, Skagit County