What school bus is green and white and floats on water?
This year, we want those future Van Goghs, da Vincis and Groenings to help us out.
We print new ferry schedules every season and distribute them across the 10 ferry terminals and 22 vessels that make up the largest ferry system in the United States. This is where those artistic kids come in.
|All K-5 graders are invited to enter a drawing that captures what they think “Winter on the water” looks like.|
Who is eligible?
All K-5 students are eligible and invited to participate in this contest. Submissions will be accepted through Friday, Oct. 14.
|One talented young artists work will|
be seen on the cover of our
winter sailing schedule.
Electronic: Submissions must be 300 dpi or higher, and portrait oriented.
By Mail: Submissions must be on 8.5 x 11 paper, and portrait oriented.
- Media: Submissions must be hand-drawn (no electronic illustrations, please) in black and white. Any of the following media may be used: paint (watercolor, tempera, poster, acrylic, etc.) and drawing materials (pencil, charcoal, chalk, pastels, colored pencils, markers, crayons, etc.). Artists are encouraged to use bold, strong lines.
- Original artwork: All work must include a ferry or elements of a ferry (i.e. life ring). No copyright images, text or other material will be accepted. (For example, artwork depicting characters from television shows, video games or books is not allowed).
- Ownership: Artist submissions shall be treated as being free of restrictions and limitations to their use. By submitting artwork, you give ownership to WSF and authorize WSF to post your entry on our website indefinitely, and grant WSF the right to use, print and publish your design.
- Deadline:Submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or postmarked by Friday, Oct. 14.
- Electronic: Scan, attach, and email your drawing with the subject line “Winter schedule cover contest” to email@example.com by Friday, Oct. 14. In the body of the email include the student’s name, age, school, and the best phone number and email to contact them with.
- By Mail: Submission must be postmarked by Friday, Oct. 14. All submissions should include a note with the student’s name, age, school, and the best phone number and email to contact them with. All hard copy submissions should be sent to the following address:
Washington State Ferries
ATTN: Communications Staff Aide
2901 3rd Ave. Suite 500
Seattle, WA 98121
- Please note: Each student may only submit one drawing.
A panel of judges from our ferries executive team will review entries. A winner will be selected whose work best depicts the theme of “Winter on the water.” Entries will be judged on creativity, originality, clarity of theme and artistic merit.
What do I win?
Five finalists will be selected and featured on our website, on our Twitter feed, and in our weekly update. From those finalists, a winning drawing will be chosen to be featured on the 2017 WSF winter sailing schedule.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org