When will Snoqualmie Pass open?
I-90 reopened at 4:30 p.m. on Monday March 3, 2014.
We know this closure is tough for you, however, safety is our number one priority and we can’t reopen the roadway until it is safe to do so.
Why did we close Snoqualmie Pass?
To keep drivers safe, we made the decision to close Snoqualmie Pass last night due increasing avalanche danger and falling trees.
What are we doing to reopen Snoqualmie Pass?
With almost two feet of snow since Saturday, our maintenance and avalanche crews have been working around the clock to keep the highways over Snoqualmie Pass open.
|Crews cleaning up fallen trees|
In addition, we’ve hired a contractor to begin removing fallen trees that are blocking the I-90 at several locations.
Is Stevens Pass open?
Yes, Stevens Pass is open, but it is also receiving a substantial amount of snow. Expect several closures for avalanche control today. Please bring your chains because they’re required on most vehicles until further notice.
What can you as drivers do?
If you need to cross the Cascades today come prepared. You need to be prepared for driving in the snow. This means:
- Have traction tires rated for mud and snow on your vehicle.
- Have chains and know how to put them on.
- Make sure your car is in proper working order. This would be a bad time for your car to break down on the pass.
- Have food, water and blankets in your car just in case you get stuck.
- Before heading out the door, assess your winter driving ability.
Thanks for your patience.