|Crews install a section of culvert during |
another fish-friendly project.
Our culvert is similar…but twice as large!
Although there never a good time to close a busy highway, we chose this weekend in August to make the most of the dry, warm weather, and light summer traffic.
For 58 hours, spanning from 7:30 p.m. on Friday, August 10 to 5 a.m. on Monday, August 13, we’ll close SR 167 between I-405 and the S. 180th Street/SW 43rd Street exit to the IKEA district.
What should you do?
- Know Before You Go: check our website, call 511 for real-time travel information and plan for delays and added travel time.
- Delay discretionary trips, especially during high traffic periods, such as between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Anticipate heavy congestion on alternate routes such as I-405, I-5 and SR 181.
- Expect increased congestion on local streets, especially on Lind Avenue, South 180th Street, South Grady Way, Rainier Avenue South, Talbot Road, and SR 181/West Valley Highway.
- Carpool and use transit. Here are some links to help you plan your trip:
The SR 167 closure isn’t the only large project shutting down a highway during the weekend. Crews in Bellevue will also install a fish-friendly culvert resulting in a 55 hour weekend closure of SR 520. For the latest on the regional closures, please check out our What’s Happening Now page.