|Crews will close northbound I-405 this weekend. |
When the freeway open Monday morning
it will be a new day and new way in Bellevue.
So now what? Here’s what you need to know:
- We intend to close northbound I-405 again this weekend.
- The work requires dry weather because of the paving and restriping. If that doesn’t work, we’ll shoot for Oct. 8-9.
- When the freeway re-opens Monday morning, drivers will use new ramps to get from Bellevue to Seattle, Kirkland and Redmond.
We’ll have more than 200 new signs in and around Bellevue showing the way to go, but it may take you a few days to adjust to the change. If you slip up, you may end up in Kirkland when you wanted to go to Redmond.
Bottom Line: Come Monday, here’s how to navigate north out of Bellevue:
- Going to SR 520? Use NE 10th Street. Drivers will no longer have access to SR 520 from NE Eighth Street.
- Headed to I-405? Use NE Eighth Street. Drivers will use a longer ramp to reach northbound I-405.
- Mainline drivers should prepare to exit to SR 520 earlier from northbound I-405.