Once the panels are ground, they have to get broken up by a hydraulic hammer. Traffic is most definitely being impacted by the work. When crews work so closely to the roadway traffic tends to slow down even more. Check out the rest of the photos in this set.
So, plan ahead if you are traveling on I-90 through this area:
- Pay attention to the signage in the construction work zones.
- Visit our project Web page to view travel graphs for the best times to travel
- Sign up to receive email updates from the I-90 Snoqualmie Pass alert system under Mountain Pass Reports.
- Reduce your speed to 50 mph through the construction zone.
- Dial 511 from your hands free wireless device or tune in to the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM.
- Expect up to an additional hour of travel over Snoqualmie Pass on weekends.
- Follow our WSDOT_passes twitter account, and learn about our very cool Direct Messaging features for the passes.
- Pack your patience!